Sunday, August 15, 2010

Baby Girl Thank You Cards




Just before my maternity leave began, my Kindergartners and teaching partner, Marcy, planned a surprise baby shower to be held at school one morning. I honestly had no idea about the shower...until the day before, when one excited little girl said, "Mrs. Johnson, just so you know - tomorrow is going to be a REALLY good day for you. I can't tell you why, but it's going to be a REALLY good day." Too much fun!

Well, it was a really good day, as sweet Marcy had planned a delightful shower, and each kindergartner gave my baby-to-come a copy of their favorite book. Penelope's own library of childhood classics began, along with a Room 109 original - a book of baby advice written by the children. (Honestly- a hilarious book full of kindergarten advice and illustrations.)

I was touched by the shower, and, as always, chose to make my own thank you cards from Mooka.Ink to those thoughtful kindergartners of Room 109. Oh how I'll miss them next year...

No comments: